Hi all,

I recently hosted an "Intro to Hadoop" session at the BigDataCamp unconference last week. I later wrote down questions from the audience that seemed useful to other Hadoop beginners, and the compared this to the Hadoop project FAQ at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ

There was overlap, but not as much as I expected - the Hadoop FAQ has more "how do I do X" versus "can I do X" or "why should I do X".

I posted these questions to http://www.scaleunlimited.com/blog/intro-to-hadoop-at-bigdatacamp , and would appreciate any input - e.g. questions you think should be there, answers you think aren't very clear (though mea culpa in advance, I jotted these down quickly so I realize they're pretty rough).

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378