Hello!

Here is what I have been thinking over the last while.  There are probably a
number of us that have prototyped stuff in pig or hive and now think that we
should convert it to some java map reduce code.

Would anyone be interested in building a “patterns” area somewhere possibly
with some code to give solid usable examples build some map reduce code without
having to re-invent the wheel each time?

Example:

What would be the “best” or “a” way to make the DISTINCT command from pig in a
java map reduce program?

Let me know if anyone is interested in this.  I’d like to get some sharing
going.

Cheers
James.