Hi,
I see you are using the new APIs, so this should be relevant for you

As you have noticed, in the old APIs the JobClient could be queried using JobID
, which was returned when the job was submitted. There was a thread in
hadoop-dev to discuss un-deprecating the old APIs (not sure where it ultimately
went, you may search around the list though)
In any case, the patch on above jira should fix it.

Amogh