my cluster consists of 8 nodes with the namenode in an independent machine,the
following info is what I get from namenode web ui:
291 files and directories, 1312 blocks = 1603 total. Heap Size is 2.92 GB /
4.34 GB (67%)
I'm wondering why the namenode take so much memory while I only store hundreds
of files. I've check the fsimage and edits files, the size of the sum of both
is only 232 KB. So far as I know namenode can store the information of millions
of files with 1G RAM, why my cluster consume so much memory ? If it goes on,I
can't store that many files before the memory is eaten up.

2010-09-06

shangan