Hi Steve,
Thanks for the inputs.
I could understand by now, that the files are "immutable". Wanted to confirm. However little confused as to what role the "append" methods are?

I am now going to explore and see how it works out when I keep a stream open and write data to it and close on an interval basis.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Chitta
MobileMe Reporting