Dear Hadoopers,

I am stuck at a probably very simple problem but can't figure it out. In the Hadoop Map/Reduce framework, I want to search a huge file (which is generated by another Reduce task) for a unique line of record (a <String, double> value actually). That record is expected to be passed to another function. I have read the previous post about using Mapper only output to HBase (http://www.mail-archive.com/hbase-u...@hadoop.apache.org/msg06579.html) and another post (http://www.mail-archive.com/hbase-u...@hadoop.apache.org/msg07337.html). They are both very interesting, however, I am still confused about how to circle away from writing to HBase, but to use the returned record directly from memory? I guess my problem doesn't need a reducer, so basically load-balance the search task via multiple Mappers. I want to have something like this

   class myClass
          method seekResultbyMapper (string toSearch, path reduceFile)
               call Map(a,b)
               do some simple calculation
               return <String, double> result

    class anotherClass
<String, double>  para  =  myClass.seekResultbyMapper (c,d)

I don't know whether this is doable (maybe it is not a valid style in Map/Reduce framework)? How to implement it using JAVA API? Thanks for any suggestion in advance.

Best Regards,

Shi

--
Postdoctoral Scholar
Institute for Genomics and Systems Biology