If a CheckpointNode or a BackupNode is used then the SecondaryNameNode should
be disabled.
--Konstantin

On 9/9/2010 7:59 AM, Edward Capriolo wrote:
It is a bad idea to permanently disable 2nn. The edits file grows very
very large and will not be processed until the name node restart. We
had a 12GB edit file that took 40 minutes of downtime to process.