Hi,

I tried to combine in memory mysql database with Mapreduce to do some value exchanges. In the Mapper, I declare the mysql driver like this
            import com.mysql.jdbc.*;
            import java.sql.DriverManager;
            import java.sql.SQLException;

              String driver = "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver";
                try{
                    Class.forName(driver);
                }...

but it returns an error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver It looks like the class file cannot be found. I put the mysql jdbc jar file under hadoop\lib\ folder. This error only occurs when the jdbc connection is declared in the Mapper, all the other functions outside of the mapper work fine. I also tried to ant the jdbc jar file together with my class in a same jar file, but still get the error. Is there any special configuration required for jdbc connections in Mapper class?

Thanks.

BR,

Shi

--
Postdoctoral Scholar
Institute for Genomics and Systems Biology