Hi Matthew,

I have a same problem here (see http://www.listware.net/201009/hadoop-common-user/81228-return-a-parameter-using-map-only.html). I was planning to use join mapper (or mapper chain) to handle two different inputs. The problem was the mapper seems cannot return value directly to each other. Then I have to find out the best settings in heap table, MongoDB, memcached, TokyoCabinet, MapFile, etc. etc. to let the multiple mappers talk efficiently.

Shi

On 2010-10-14 9:03, Matthew John wrote:
Hi all ,

  I have been recently working on a task where I need to take in two input
(types)  files , compare them and produce a result from it using a logic.
But as I understand simple MapReduce implementations are for processing a
single input type. The closest implementation I could think of similar to my
work is Join MapReduce. But I am not able to understand much from the
example provided in Hadoop .. Can someone provide a good pointer to such
multiple input data processing ( or Join ) in mapreduce . It will also be
great if you can send in some sample code for the same.

Thanks ,

Matthew

--
Postdoctoral Scholar
Institute for Genomics and Systems Biology