> I am assuming the first job outputs multiple files and that the second (and
> I presume a map-reduce job)

will assign the output intended for a single file to a single reducer (in
some cases multiple output files might be supported - one
per reducer - On issue is how to allow the reducer to write to some
'external file system' -.i.e. not hdfs or  the instance's local file system
 but s3 on amazon or some mounted nfs system on a stand alone cluster