On 10/12/10 06:14, Amandeep Khurana wrote:
Mark,

Using EMR makes it very easy to start a cluster and add/reduce capacity as
and when required. There are certain optimizations that make EMR an
attractive choice as compared to building your own cluster out. Using EMR
also ensures you are using a production quality, stable system backed by the
EMR engineers. You can always use bootstrap actions to put your own tweaked
version of Hadoop in there if you want to do that.

Also, you don't have to tear down your cluster after every job. You can set
the alive option when you start your cluster and it will stay there even
after your Hadoop job completes.

If you face any issues with EMR, send me a mail offline and I'll be happy to
help.

How different is your distro from the apache version?