Praveen,

I just had a quick solution (might be stupid).
In the first job, you can easily create adjacent list plus the reversed
friendship from your input file. (you can use some special characters to
distinguish these two types of output. E.g. "|"). The input is
1       2
1       3
2       4
2       5
3       6
The output will be like
1       2,3
2       |1
3       |1
2       4,5
4       |2
5       |2
3       6
6       |3

Then this output servers as the input for your next job. When the
reducer sees both
"2      |1" and "2      4,5", it will write "1  4,5". For "3    |1" and
"3      6", it will write "1    6". Then the third job will combine all
the friend-of-friend.
Does it sound complicated? I do not know if there are easier way to do
this.

Wei