In case the producer / consumer don't require sorting to happen, take a look
at ChainMapper:

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/lib/ChainMapper.html

If you do want the stuff to happen after sorting, take a look at:

http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/chain/ChainReducer.html

More esoteric cases will require you to do separate map reduces, at least
with the current hadoop framework.