Hi Manoranjan,

While knowing Java will help you better use more of the features of
Hadoop and process the data more efficiently, I have worked in a
situation where we used Hadoop without touching any Java code at all.
We needed to utilise our legacy Perl code in our Map-Reduce jobs and
simply used the Hadoop streaming. With tools like Whirr you can
completely use Hadoop as a blackbox if you need to.
http://www.slideshare.net/philwhln/map-reduce-using-perl
http://www.philwhln.com/map-reduce-with-ruby-using-hadoop

But, as a "data architect" I think knowing Java is important. Not just
for Hadoop, but for all the other Apache projects that focus on
managing data, are built with Java and providing Java APIs (ActiveMQ,
Cassandra, Lucene / Solr, HBase, Hive, Mahout...).

Thanks,
Phil