>> I think that in general, the behavior of any program reading data from an
HDFS file before hsync or close is called is pretty much undefined.

In Unix, users can parallelly read a file when another user is writing a
file. And I suppose the sync feature design is based on that.

So at any point of time during the file write, parallel users should be able
to read the file.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-142?focusedCommentId=12663958&pag
e=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-1
2663958

  _____