Hey,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Jun Young Kim <juneng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, harsh
>
> I thought all my configuration to run a hadoop are listed in a job
> configuration.
>
> even if user didn't set properties explicitly, a hadoop set it defaultly.
>
> that means all properties should be listed in a job configuration.
>
> isn't it right?

Oh yes. I believe I wasn't clear. What I meant was that setting that
property by code (JobConf.set, -D, etc.) will not affect the xciever
amount that the DN was started with.

All properties loaded by the Configuration class from its sources are
listed in the job.xml, yes (but since xciever isn't present in any of
the *-default.xml files, it won't be listed unless explicitly added to
*-site.xml).

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com