Hey there,
I am using hadoop 0.20.2. I 've successfully installed LZOCompression
following these steps:
https://github.com/kevinweil/hadoop-lzo

I have some MR jobs written with the new API and I want to compress
intermediate data.
Not sure if my mapred-site.xml should have the properties:

  <property>
    <name>mapred.compress.map.output</name>
    <value>true</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>mapred.map.output.compression.codec</name>
    <value>com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec</value>
  </property>

or:

  <property>
    <name>mapreduce.map.output.compress</name>
    <value>true</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>mapreduce.map.output.compress.codec</name>
    <value>com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec</value>
  </property>

How can I check that the compression is been applied?

Thanks in advance