Hello,

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Sungho Jeon <sdev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm graduate student and my major is computer science, data mining.
> Is that possible that install multiple hadoop in one node?

It is possible, but what would you gain from this? One DN can handle
several disks parallely just fine I think.

> I mean, I want to install several hadoop that have different conf.
> Specifically, one hadoop has 5 datanode and other hadoop has 10 datanode.

This is possible with a bunch of datanode configuration tweaks (Data
directories, ipc and http ports, logging directories, etc.).

> Of course I can control number of datanode by change conf and restart.
> But, without changing conf, install multiple hadoop in one node is possible?

Not possible without certain set of configuration changes per
instance. You may make use of a set of directories and using
`hadoop-daemon.sh --config <conf_dir_for_this_instance> start
datanode` to start each of the DN though.

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com