Unless you have a specific need to run a specific Hadoop distro, you might
consider just using Amazon Elastic MapReduce. You can always come back to
rolling your own, at that time you might look at Whirr.

http://aws.amazon.com/elasticmapreduce/
http://incubator.apache.org/whirr/

ckw

--
Chris K Wensel
ch...@concurrentinc.com

-- Concurrent, Inc. offers mentoring, and support for Cascading