I guess you need to define a Partitioner to send hased keys to different reducers (sorry, I am still using the old API so probably there is something new in the trunk release). Basically you try to segment the keys into different zones, 0-10, 11-20, ...

maybe check the hashCode() function and see how to categorize these zones?

Shi