Thank you modemide for your quick response.

Sorry for not be clear...your understanding is right.
I have a machine, called grande, and the other called pseg. Now i'm using
grande as master (by fill the masters file by "grande") and pseg as slave.

the configuration of grande is (core-site.xml)

<property>
        <name>fs.default.name</name>
        <value>hdfs://grande:8500</value>
        <description>The name of the default file system. A URI whose scheme
and
 authority determine the FileSystem implementation. </description>
</property>
<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
        <value>/grande/local/xieke-cluster/hadoop-tmp-data/</value>
<description>. A base for other temporary directories</description>
</property>

and the configuration of pseg is:
<property>
        <name>fs.default.name</name>
        <value>hdfs://grandonf/8500</value>
        <description>The name of the default file system. A URI whose scheme
and
 authority determine the FileSystem implementation. </description>
</property>
<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
        <value>/pseg/local/xieke-cluster/hadoop-tmp-data/</value>
<description> A base for other temporary directories.</description>
</property>

just the same as your I think?

then I run ./bin/hadoop namenode -format to format nodes.
and run ./bin/start-all.sh to start machines. but now:

grande% ./bin/start-all.sh
starting namenode, logging to
/grande/local/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-kx19-namenode-grande.out
*pseg: /grande/local/hadoop/bin/..: No such file or directory.*
grande: starting datanode, logging to
/grande/local/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-kx19-datanode-grande.out
grande: starting secondarynamenode, logging to
/grande/local/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-kx19-secondarynamenode-grande.out
starting jobtracker, logging to
/grande/local/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-kx19-jobtracker-grande.out
pseg: /grande/local/hadoop/bin/..: No such file or directory.
grande: starting tasktracker, logging to
/grande/local/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-kx19-tasktracker-grande.out

Any ideas?