Hi,

I am a beginner in Hadoop Map Reduce. Please redirect me if I am not posting
in the correct forum.
I have created my own Key Type which implements from WritableComparable. I
would like to use TotalOrderPartitioner with this Key and Text as Value. But
I keep encountering errors when the TotalOrderPartitioner reads from the
partition file.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:93)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$OldOutputCollector.<init>(MapTask.java:448)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:358)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:88)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't read partitions file
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.TotalOrderPartitioner.configure(TotalOrderPartitioner.java:91)
        ... 11 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Split points are out of order
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.TotalOrderPartitioner.configure(TotalOrderPartitioner.java:78)
        ... 11 more

Please do let me know if anybody would like to look at my code. I have also
implemented by own RawComparator with a custom compare() method.

Thanks,
Meena