Hbase is very good at this kind of thing.

Depending on your aggregation needs OpenTSDB might be interesting since they
store and query against large amounts of time ordered data similar to what
you want to do.

It isn't clear to whether your data is primarily about current state or
about time-embedded state transitions.  You can easily store both in hbase,
but the arrangements will be a bit different.