Hi all,

I am trying to perform matrix-vector multiplication using Hadoop.

So I have matrix M in a file, and vector v in another file. Obviously, files
are of different sizes. Is it possible to make it so that each Map task will
get the whole vector v and a chunk of matrix M? I know how my map and reduce
functions should look like, but I don't know how to format the input.

Basically I want my map function to output key-value pairs (i,m[i,j]*v(j)),
where i is the row number, and j the column number; v(j) is the jth element
in v. And the reduce function will sum up all the values with the same key -
i, and that will be the ith element of my result vector.

Or can you suggest another way to do it?

Thanks,
Alexandra