The other thing you want to document is that the setConf() function is
called by the Hadoop reflection utilities whenever it creates a Configurable
object. I guess that's the only way it could happen, but I still wasn't sure
how this worked until I stepped through it in the debugger.

You also should document under what circumstances getConf() would be called.
 I'm still not clear what the scenario would be.