Hi,

I was confused by the configuration and file system in hadoop. when we create a
FileSystem object and read/write something through it, are we writing to or
reading from HDFS? Could it be local file system? If yes, what determines which
file system it is? Configuration object we used to create the FileSystem
object?
When I write mapreduce program which "extends Configured implements Tool", I
can
get the right configuration by calling getConf() and use the FileSystem object
to communicate with HDFS. What if I want to read/write HDFS in a separate
Utility class? Where does the configuration come from?

Thanks.

-Gang