>> Hadoop 0.21.0 with some patches.

Hadoop 0.21.0 doesn't get much use, so I'm not sure how much help I can be.

> 2011-05-12 13:52:04,147 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.util.ProcessTree:
> Error executing shell command
> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: kill -12545: No such process

Your logs showed that Hadoop tried to kill processes but the kill
command claimed they didn't exist. The next time you see this problem,
can you check the logs and see if any of the PIDs that appear in the
logs are in fact still running?

A more likely scenario is that Hadoop's tracking of child VMs is
getting out of sync, but I'm not sure what would cause that.

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.