On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Matyas Markovics
<markovics.mat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to get jvm metrics from the new verison of hadoop.
> I have read the migration instructions and come up with the following
> content for hadoop-metrics2.properties:
>
> *.sink.file.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.sink.FileSink
> jvm.sink.file.period=2
> jvm.sink.file.filename=/home/ec2-user/jvmmetrics.log

The (documented) syntax is
[lowercased-service].sink.[sink-name].[option], So for jobtracker it
would be jobtracker.sink.file...

This will get all metrics from all the contexts (unlike metrics1 where
you're required to configure each context). If you want to restrict
the sink to only jvm metrics do this:

jobtracker.sink.jvmfile.class=${*.sink.file.class}
jobtracker.sink.jvmfile.context=jvm
jobtracker.sink.jvmfile.filename=/path/to/namenode-jvm-metrics.out

> Any help would be appreciated even if you have a different approach to
> get memory usage from reducers.

reducetask.sink.file.filename=/path/to/reducetask-metrics.out

__Luke