I have tried what you suggest (well sort of) a goof example would help alot
-
My reducer is set to among other things emit the local os and user.dir -
when I try running from
my windows box these appear on hdfs but show the windows os and user.dir
leading me to believe that the reducer is still running on my windows
machine - I will
check the values but a working example would be very useful

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE