Hi Harsh,

thanks for your answer!. The cluster is homogeneus, every node has the same
amount of cores and memory and is equally reachable in the network. The data
is generated specifically for each run. I mean, I write the input data in 4
nodes for one run and in 7 nodes for another. So the input file will be
replicated in 4 nodes when running the map reduce with 4 nodes, and in 7
nodes when running it with 7.
I don't know if speculatives maps are on, I'll check it. One thing I
observed is that reduces begin before all maps have finished. Let me check
also if the difference is on the map side or in the reduce. I believe it's
balanced, both are slower when adding more nodes, but i'll confirm that.

I would appreciate any other comment,

thanks again