Hi,

Has anybody been able to run hadoop standalone mode on fedora 15 ?
I have installed it correctly. It runs till map but gets stuck in reduce.
It fails with the error "mapred.JobClient Status : FAILED Too many
fetch-failures". I read several articles on net for this problem, all of them
say about the /etc/hosts and some say firewall issue.
I enabled firewall for the port range and also checked my /etc/hosts file. its
content is "localhost" and that is the only line in it.

Is sun-java absolute necessary or open-jdk will work ?

can someone give me some suggestion to get along with this problem ?

Thanks & regard

Manish