Hi Allen/Michel ,

First, thanks a lot for your reply.

I assumed that the 1.7GB RAM will be the bottleneck in my environment that's
why I am trying to change it now.

I shut down the 4 datanodes with 1.7GB RAM (Amazon EC2 small instance) and
replaced them with

2 datanodes with 7.5GB RAM (Amazon EC2 large instance).

Is it OK that the datanodes are 64 bit while the namenode is still 32 bit?
Based on the new hardware I'm using, Are there any suggestions regarding the
Hadoop

configuration parameters?

One more thing, you asked: "Are your tasks spilling?"

How can I check if my tasks spilling ?

Thanks.

Avi