On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:46:42 -0700, Ramya Sunil <ra...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:
> How many tasktrackers do you have? Can you check if your tasktrackers
are
> running and the total available map and reduce capacity in your cluster?

In pseudo-distributed there's one tasktracker, which is running, and the
total map and reduce capacity is reported by the jobtracker at 6 slots
each.

> Can you also post the configuration of the scheduler you are using? You
> might also want to check the jobtracker logs. It would help in further
> debugging.

Any ideas what I should be looking for that could cause a job to list as
failed before launching any task JVMs and without reporting back to the
launcher that it's failed?  Am I correct in interpreting "state 4" as
"failure"?