Well I am not sure I get you right, but anyway, basically I want a timer framework that triggers my jobs. And the triggering of the jobs need to work even though one or two particular machines goes down. So the "timer triggering mechanism" has to live in the cluster, so to speak. What I dont want is that the timer framework are driven from one particular machine, so that the triggering of jobs will not happen if this particular machine goes down. Basically if I have e.g. 10 machines in a Hadoop cluster I will be able to run e.g. MapReduce jobs even if 3 of the 10 machines are down. I want my timer framework to also be clustered, distributed and coordinated, so that I will also have my timer jobs triggered even though 3 out of 10 machines are down.

Regards, Per Steffensen

Ronen Itkin skrev:
If I get you right you are asking about Installing Oozie as Distributed
and/or HA cluster?!
In that case I am not familiar with an out of the box solution by Oozie.
But, I think you can made up a solution of your own, for example:
Installing Oozie on two servers on the same partition which will be
synchronized by DRBD.
You can trigger a "failover" using linux Heartbeat and that way maintain a
virtual IP.