Hi,

When you say that 0.20.205 will support appends, you mean for general purpose writes on the HDFS? or only Hbase?

Thanks,
George

On 9/17/2011 7:08 AM, Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 wrote:
6. If you plan to use Hbase, it requires append support. 20Append has the
support for append. 0.20.205 release also will have append support but not yet
released. Choose your correct version to avoid sudden surprises.

Regards,
Uma
----- Original Message -----
From: Kobina Kwarko<kobina.kwa...@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, September 17, 2011 3:42 am
Subject: Re: risks of using Hadoop
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org

We are planning to use Hadoop in my organisation for quality of
servicesanalysis out of CDR records from mobile operators. We are
thinking of having
a small cluster of may be 10 - 15 nodes and I'm preparing the
proposal. my
office requires that i provide some risk analysis in the proposal.

thank you.

On 16 September 2011 20:34, Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686