Hi,

You probably need to use secondary sort (based on TextPair key) and string concatenation function (like StringBuffer) to do this. I once had a talk on Open Cloud Science workshop about this (also see my previous post in this newsgroup)

Best,

Shi

On 9/20/2011 10:38 AM, Daniel Yehdego wrote:
Hi Ayon,
any idea on my previous question?

Regards,

Daniel T. Yehdego
Computational Science Program
University of Texas at El Paso, UTEP
dtyehd...@miners.utep.edu

From: dtyehd...@miners.utep.edu
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: Reducer to concatenate string values
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 06:06:22 +0000

Hi Ayon,
I am using a C executable as my mapper (streaming), but I am not sure how to
use a reducer that concatenates the values from a mapper in order.

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:54:46 -0700
From: ayonsi...@yahoo.com
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org

What are you using for your map/reduce? Streaming/Java/Pig/Hive?

-Ayon
See My Photos on Flickr
Also check out my Blog for answers to commonly asked questions.