Hi, Joey:
Thanks for your help!

2011-09-21

hao.wang

发件人: Joey Echeverria
发送时间: 2011-09-21  10:10:54
收件人: common-user
抄送:
主题: Re: block size

HDFS blocks are stored as files in the underlying filesystem of your
datanodes. Those files do not take a fixed amount of space, so if you
store 10 MB in a file and you have 128 MB blocks, you still only use
10 MB (times 3 with default replication).
However, the namenode does incur additional overhead by having to
track a larger number of small files. So, if you can merge files, it's
best practice to do so.
-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria