Yes Devaraj,
>From the logs, looks it failed to create /jobtracker/jobsInfo

code snippet:

if (!fs.exists(path)) {
        if (!fs.mkdirs(path, new
FsPermission(JOB_STATUS_STORE_DIR_PERMISSION))) {
          throw new IOException(
              "CompletedJobStatusStore mkdirs failed to create "
                  + path.toString());
        }

@ Arun, Can you check, you have correct permission as Devaraj said?

2011-09-22 15:53:57.598::INFO:  Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:50030
11/09/22 15:53:57 INFO jvm.JvmMetrics: Initializing JVM Metrics with
processName=JobTracker, sessionId=
11/09/22 15:53:57 WARN conf.Configuration: mapred.task.cache.levels is
deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.jobtracker.taskcache.levels
11/09/22 15:53:57 WARN mapred.SimulatorJobTracker: Error starting tracker:
java.io.IOException: CompletedJobStatusStore mkdirs failed to create
/jobtracker/jobsInfo
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.CompletedJobStatusStore.<init>(CompletedJobStatusStore.java:83)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.<init>(JobTracker.java:4684)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SimulatorJobTracker.<init>(SimulatorJobTracker.java:81)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SimulatorJobTracker.startTracker(SimulatorJobTracker.java:100)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SimulatorEngine.init(SimulatorEngine.java:210)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SimulatorEngine.init(SimulatorEngine.java:184)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SimulatorEngine.run(SimulatorEngine.java:292)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SimulatorEngine.run(SimulatorEngine.java:323)

I cc'ed to Mapreduce user mailing list as well.

Regards,
Uma