I am just concerned about the use case of appends in Hadoop. I know that
they have provided support for appends in hadoop. But how frequently are the
files getting appended? . There is this version concept too that is
maintained in the block report, according to my guess this version number is
maintained to make sure that if a datanode gets disconnected once and comes
back if it has a old copy of the data , then discard read requests to this
data node. But if the files are not getting appended frequently does the
version number remain the same?. Any typical use case can you guys point to?

~Kartheek