Hi guys : im getting the dreaded

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection handleConnectionFailure

When connecting to clouderas hadoop (running in a vm) to request running a
simple m/r job (from a machine outside the hadoop vm)......

....I've seen a lot of posts about this online, and it's also on stack overflow
here :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6997327/connecting-to-cloudera-vm-from-my-desktop

Any tips on debugging Javas connection to hdfs over the network?

It's not entirely clear to me  how the connection is made/authenticated between
the  client and hadoop, for example, is a passwordless ssh file required..? I
believe this error is related to authentication but am not sure the best way to
test it... I have confirmed that the ip is valid And it appears that hdfs is
being run and served over the right default port in the vm.

Sent from my iPad