Hello Karthik,
 see inline
----- Original Message -----
From: kartheek muthyala <kartheek0...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:02 pm
Subject: Re: Packets->Block
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org

> Thanks Uma for the prompt reply.
> I have one more doubt, as i can see block class contains only metadata
> information like Timestamp, length. But the actual data is in the
> streams.What I cannot understand is that where is the data getting
> written  from
> streams to blockfile.(which function is taking care of this? ).
Yes, block will contains all the information like blockID, generation
timestamp,  number of bytes...
 Block is writable, so that we can transfer them through network. ( ex: DN will
send block reports,...etc ).
 Actual data will in disk with the name of blk_<block id>
 So, using this block id, we can identify the block name directly.
 When the block is created at the DN side, volumes map will maintans
replicaBeingWritten objs with this block ID information .

You can see the code in BlockReceiver constructor, i.e, once it gets the
replicaInfo, it will call creatStreams on that replicainfo. So, that will
create the FileOutPutStreams.

Regards,
Uma