Dear Joey,

as you know when installing cygwin in new version of windows- for ssh to localhost- a new user created by cygwin (cyg_server). my main user is Administrator. I run namenode -fomat and dfs created in /tmp/Administrator-hadoop/ ~~~ .But tasktracker started by cyg_server and makes again /tmp/cyg_server-hadoop/~~~
I tried these :

 * I installed cygwin again and by some way i changed the cyg_server to
   Administrator.now tasktracker is ran by Administrator to, but same
   error.
 * i changed hadoop.tmp.dir to the inside of cygwin dir, again same error.

*i think* the problem is related to Java, it makes HFDS based on windows path and permission. when i checked the hdfs permission under cygwin is --------- means nothing !!!! and then by running tasktracker it wana change the permission according to the Linux permission so it can't. i dont know what is the solution, ..... im playing with this issue around 4 days but no result.

BS.
Masoud