Hi

The system we are going to work on will receive 50mio+ new datarecords every day. We need to keep a history of 2 years of data (thats 35+ billion datarecords in the storage all in all), and that basically means that we also need to delete 50mio+ datarecords every day, or e.g. 1,5 billion every month. We plan to store the datarecords in HBase.

Is it somehow possible to tell HBase to put (route) all datarecords belonging to a specific date or month to a designated set of regions (and route nothing else there), so that deleting all data belonging to that day/month i basically deleting those regions entirely? And is explicit deletion of entire regions possible at all?

The reason I want to do this is that I expect it to be much faster than doing explicit deletion record by record of 50mio+ records every day.

Regards, Per Steffensen