Hi,

Our application runs in Tomcat 5.5, Java 6.17, with JAAS.
We give our own implementation to LoginModule and we start Tomcat with
-Djava.security.auth.login.config.
We use Hadoop 0.20.203.0.

We want to execute Hadoop jobs, or Hadoop FileSystem methods from within our
application, remotely.

Problem: once we use/initialize Hadoop's configuration (either by calling
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(Configuration) or by calling
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobConf)), the implementation of
LoginModule changes from ours to
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.HadoopLoginModule, and we
cannot login to our application anymore!

However, there is no problem with the remote execution of the jobs.

I saw this thread (Use JAAS LoginContext for our
login<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-6299>).
Does it fixes the problem?
It looks like it will still create a new LoginModule? Won't it?

Thanks for any help
Itamar

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of
Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized
to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy,
disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in
this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify us by replying to this e-mail.