Hi,

in the slave - file too. /etc/hosts is also recommend to avoid DNS
issues. After adding in slaves the new node has to be started and
should quickly appear in the web-ui. If you don't need the nodes all
time you can setup a exclude and refresh your cluster
(http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#I_want_to_make_a_large_cluster_smaller_by_taking_out_a_bunch_of_nodes_simultaneously._How_can_this_be_done.3F)

- Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

P Think of the environment: please don't print this email unless you
really need to.