Sender: Adrian Liu
Date: 2011年12月23日(星期五) 上午10:47
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: DN limit
In my understanding, the max number of files stored in the HDFS should be <MEM
of namenode>/sizeof(inode struct).   This max number of HDFS files should be no
smaller than max files a datanode can hold.

Please feel free to correct me because I'm just beginning learning hadoop.

On Dec 23, 2011, at 10:35 AM, bourne1900 wrote:

> Hi all,
> How many files a datanode can hold?
> In my test case, when a datanode save 14million files, the cluster can't work.
>

> Bourne

Adrian Liu
adri...@yahoo-inc.com