(-common-user, +cdh-user)

I'm moving the discussion since this is CDH specific issue. Setting
user.name works for plain 0.20.2, but not the CDH version as it's been
modified to support enabling Kerberos security. You'll need to modify your
code to use something like this:

UserGroupInformation.createRemoteUser("cuser").doAs(new
PrivilegedExceptionAction()... {
 void run() {
   // submit my evil job
 }
};

Where cuser is the name of the user you want everything to run as on the
cluster.

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria