I KNOW is is a task timeout - what I do NOT know is WHY merely cutting the
number of writes causes it to go away. It seems to imply that some
context.write operation or something downstream from that is taking a huge
amount of time and that is all hadoop internal code - not mine so my
question is why should increasing the number and volume of wriotes cause a
task to time out

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE