Praveenesh,

The utility "hadoop fs -text <seqfile>", documented at
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/file_system_shell.html#text
can read SequenceFiles and print their string representations out.
Will this be of any help?

Otherwise, you want to use a SequenceFile.Reader over your given file
and after reading each record out, store them in their text
representation with a regular file writer. An even easier way may be
an identity job with sequence-file input format and text output
format.

--
Harsh J
Customer Ops. Engineer