Hi all,

I use Hadoop-1.0 or Hadoop-0.20.2 and Pig 0.8.
I encountered a strange behavior of Configuration class.

Configuration#get method can interpret expressions in a value related
to a property like ${foo.bar} but Configuration#iterator method
doesn't interpret expressions although the method returns the Iterator
which contains some pairs of  a property name and  a value as
Map.Entry<String , String> objects.

Do you know that the behavior of Configuration class is just a
specification or a defect?

Because of this matter, I can't use expressions for properties used in
pig internal e.g. pig.logfile, pig.temp.dir and so on even if I set
those properties in *-site.xml.

Best Regards,
Kousuke